Friday, October 3, 2014

A walk down the memory lane




This post is in response to a prompt at Rochelle's Friday Fictioneers




Most of the streetlights were broken. It was dark, scary and confusing. I wanted to turn around and run back to the well-lit main road, but kept going, thinking, "Just another hundred yards", and there I saw one dim streetlight at the foot of which sat Nana. I said aghast, "Nana, what on earth are you doing here so far away from home? Come on, let us go", and she replied smiling, "This is home, dear! You should visit more often". I looked up and smiled at a bright and vibrant lane where little children ran about happily!


Word count: 98



3 comments:

  1. Dear Anasuya,

    I love a happy ending.

    Shalom,

    Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has a wonderfully peaceful feel. Alicia Jamtaas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rochelle. I am glad you liked it.
    Thanks Alicia. It did make me feel good too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for verifying your account with word verification.