Friday, January 29, 2010

One of my closest friends!







I started this post long ago. But, I did not find words and phrases to put down exactly what was going on in my mind. I did not know if it was because of incomplete thoughts or tiresomeness or my own inadequate language skills. As I come back here again, I run into the same wall. The reason, I realized, is that I was trying to abstract the experience from the person who made it happen.

When I moved to third floor to work in a project, I felt extremely uncomfortable. Wormy's pompousness, Voldys's intimidates and so on and so forth. Then I got to talk to my cool onsite coordinator. I knew him by face before but never met. And I understand from him that he too knew me by face.

As fate would have it, I was at the rock bottom of my logical abilities at that time. Code wise, I had a lot of help from Sundar and Harsha, and Shan towards the end. But when I started committing stupid mistakes like not dropping temporary variables (which I still think webMethods should handle itself :-) ) or other things I did or didn't, it was he who saw me through. He displayed infinite patience with my temper, my stubbornness, my inability to cope, my unwillingness to take responsibility, and all those funny things I indulged in. I must say, I never displayed that kind of patience. I wrote several emails to Akshay praising the guy. The reader may please note that by the time I met him, I had accomplished a few things myself and I was a confident person. But this guy exposed me to a totally different dimension of leading people. There is so much more to say about this benevolent onsite coordinator. As usual, words fail me.

So, there you go Arunkumar Mohan! my super cool friend :) :)

Background picture courtesy: Sudeendra Chitta

2 comments:

  1. Kind words from one of my closest friend [Anu] who has a face but have not yet met in person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. appreciation....so cool

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for verifying your account with word verification.